Another week and another of the challenges crossed off. As of this
evening I am now officially a minister of the universal life church. I have received
confirmation of this from the ordaining officer of said church…………
“Let it be known on this date that in accordance with the laws of
the Universal Life Church Monastery, as ordaining officer, I, Brother Martin,
do ordain you into our ministry. From this day forward, you are entitled to all
of the rights of an ordained minister. You have the authority to perform
marriages, baptisms, and all other ceremonies of the church. You are an
independent minister of this church. This is a position that carries with it a
burden of responsibility; please respect others and comply with the laws of the
land.”
a hard copy (without the watermark) is on the way
If you want to find
out a bit more about the church I have joined then you can check it out at http://www.themonastery.org/
. Other ministers of the church include 3 Beatles, Richard Branson and Joey
from friends.
Becoming a minister
was rather easy to do (just fill in an online form). But I have to admit that
when it came to sorting it out I was a little uncomfortable about signing up as
a minister as I am an atheist. Thankfully, the Universal Life Church is quite
ok about this and is happy to allow me to be a Humanist minister and stick to the
rules of the church which are essentially be nice to people and let them believe
what they want.
It’s a little early to
start performing wedding ceremonies (though I will be happy to perform these in
future). So I celebrated my new calling by bringing a little light into the
world – well, not the light of the lord, and not to the world in general but
the light of nPower to my living room – by replacing the light switch.

No comments:
Post a Comment