Sunday, 14 April 2013

Kitchen disasters

A very quick update on challenge 10. I've been trying to expand my range a bit over the last month or so and have been having a go at cookies and flapjacks. These are supposed to be easy and as I've now been loaned a copy of "The Great British Book of Baking" endorsed by Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood of BBC fame I was pretty confident of making some quite nice things.

Unfortunatley even the King and Queen of TV baking can't stop me from making a bit of a hash of things the first time around (to be fair, the cookie recipies I tried weren't theirs, just the flapjack one).

Anyway the results can be seen below...........

Cookie attempt 1: chocolate chip cookies a little dry and doughy but ok (and a loaf of bread
on the right, which worked much better)
 
 
Cookie attempt 2: Crispy chocolate chip cookies - a bit too much sugar and they all merged into one big sheet - still got scoffed by the guys at work though.
 
 
Cookie attempt 3: crispy cookies take 2 - still spread out quite a lot but atleast they didn't all merge, still far too sugary for my liking.
 
 
Flapjack attempt 1: what a bloody mess! probably shouldn't have tried to make two different types in the same tray but was expecting it all to fall apart so easily - will see what's salvagable and take to work tomorrow.
 

1 comment:

  1. If you are finding regular cookies too sweet for you then I recommend NEVER making the Chocolate Crackles to be found on P80 as they are a sugar addict's dream....

    ReplyDelete