Just a short update on progress with baking challenge....... Taking Penny, Laura's and Colin's advice I have invested in some baking equipment - a new mixing bowl and an electric mixer and had another go at cake. Just a plain sponge recipie , 250g caster sugar, 250g self raising flour, 250g butter and four eggs, following the mixing advice Penny and Laura gave and keeping in the oven for quite a while longer resulted in the cake in the photo below (i did the check with the spike to). The cake tastes pretty good and I think I can now move on to doing the whole layers, fillings, iceing etc :-) will have to find some volunteers to taste test at work tomorrow.
no sinking in the middle this time
also had another go at bread, this time something a little more adventurous, sun dried tomato and olive bread - i really should get a proper bread tin to get the shape right, but it tastes lush (even if I do say so myself), i would have tried finding some volunteers for the taste testing but have nearly eaten it all already. I'll definately keep baking bread once the challenges are completed :-)

thinking I'll be making more next weekend
Looking good :-) Great progress on the cake baking! And the bread looks very nice too.
ReplyDeleteLooks good mate. Glad you're enjoying baking bread so much you've already decided to continue with it!
ReplyDelete